11.01.2010

Naturally Beautiful Skin

Recently while at a work event a colleague waves me closer with a sense of real urgency. "I have to ask you a question", she says in a voice that lets me know I better move in closer and brace myself. I got closer putting my ear almost all the way up to her mouth waiting to hear this burning question, "what do you use on your skin, I mean it always looks so good?". I had a good chuckle, thanked her and felt guilty that I didn't have an extensive list of lavish products to rattle off. My response sounded more like a first aid check off list, " I use Castille soap, aloe vera, vitamin e, baking soda and a little tea tree essential oil for those times when I am having a hormonal breakout". She looked at me a little surprised.

I'm no Covergirl, but I do want my skin to look and feel great. I live by the rule if I can't put it in me, I won't put it on me. Whatever we use on our skin gets absorbed into our bloodstream so I encourage people to really know what's in the skin creams, face washes, body splashes and lotions they put on their precious skin.

See the list below for some Peta approved products:
  • Baking soda- I use it in my hair as a pre shampoo clarifier as well as a facial scrub and to brush my teeth
  • Aloe vera- facial moisturizer and for any cuts, bruises or burns
  • Corn starch- I mix it with essential oils and brush it on as a wonderfully scented body powder
  • Lavender, Rosemary and Sage- I mix these essential oils with pure water and spritz it on me as a body splash or as a skin and loc freshener.
  • Cocobutter- I use it to moisturize my lips and on any dry patches of skin
  • Shea butter- I mix this with olive oil in the winter months to prevent having scaly skin
  • Olive Oil- My go to moisturizer, I use it all over my body to keep my skin supple
Great skin is healthy skin. What natural products have you tried on your skin lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment