10.16.2010

12 Fruits and Veggies to Buy Organically

I eat organically grown produce because I don't appreciate the usage of pesticides and their damaging effects on my body and the earth. While I make that choice I do understand that circumstances such as the cost can make it a less appealing choice for others. My suggestion is to seek out farmer's markets where the cost is often lower or to buy the so called dirty dozen organically. The dirty dozen are the 12 fruits and veggies that are most contaminated by pesticides. According to the daily green the consumer's guide to the green revolution, the new list of the dirty dozen is as follows:

1. Celery
2. Peaches
3. Berries (strawberries, blueberries, etc...)
4. Apples
5. Nectarines
6. Bell peppers
7. Leafy greens (spinach, kale, etc..)
8. Cherries
9. Potatoes
10. Grapes
11. Carrots
12. Tomatoes

No comments:

Post a Comment