- Get 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Drink half you body weight in water (ex: 125 lbs/2 =62.5/8(amt of ounces in a cup of water)=7.8 or 8 cups of water).
- Eat fresh fruits and vegetables (at least 9 servings per day).
- Wash your hands with soap and water throughout the day and especially after going to the bathroom.
- Get proper ventilation in your home, office and car. Colds are less likely to thrive in areas where there is good air ventilation.
- Manage your stress. High stress levels are shown to compromise your immune system.
- Minimize contact with individuals whom exhibit cold symptoms.
What are things you do to maintain optimal health?